Sunday, August 31, 2008

A-Musing on a Sunday Morning.

This seems to me like a good time for random thoughts. So let's have at 'em.

48 hours and I still like Sarah Palin. Must be the name; the only other Palin I've heard of is Michael, and he's pretty cool too. If you don't get it, you don't know Monty Python.

Of course, I doubt they're of the same political mind.

Kwame Kilpatrick wants a plea bargain and no jail time. I hope Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy stays the course until Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm removes him, at which point he loses all leverage. But his lawyers are challenging her removal powers in court...what did I say a few days back about that?

The Michigan Wolverines lose their season opener to Utah. My wife and I went to the Detroit Tigers game last night and they were whomped 13-3. Yet the Lions are 4-0 in the preseason. It's the world turned upside down for Michigan sports fans. Still, the Lions haven't played a game that matters yet.

Labor Day tomorrow. Labour Day for my Canadian friends. It starts at midnight; 12:30 in Newfoundland.

I've waited years to work that line into my writing, and it's as funny on paper as in my head. So I think I'll stop now. You know, end on a high note.

No comments: