Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Wife's Anniversary

All right, all right, it's mine too. Or at least, ours is coming up, and as usual I have no idea what to get her.

Sure, she already has all she needs: me, of course. But it seems that won't do on its own merits, though darned if I know why. So I'm where I always am with anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas: what to get? I'm no kind of shopper, and while I've hit upon some things which have really done well with the gift receiver (done well? Is that proper grammar?) I have no clue what to do now.

What is the 28th Anniversary anyway? Fools gold? Garden gnomes? Renaissance paintings? Gucci? Naw, she doesn't like Gucci. I hope. I mentioned to her that a mention in someone's blog would be quite impressive. She did not concur.

Alcohol would be a good thing, if a little gauche. But as she always heads for the liqour cabinet whenever I start a project or begin waxing philosophic, I would think it would have some value.

Either way, wish me luck my friends. And Happy 28th Anniversary, dear!

No comments: