Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Really Good Weekend.

As I warned my reader, this Tuesday morning marks my first post since last Friday when my son and I left for Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. And we did indeed relax, as I had promised: drank beer and Boone’s Farm Orange Hurricane (in Tang glasses, no less; a classic juxtaposition of alcohol and breakfast drinks) while playing darts and watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. That’s the life, I must say.

It was a great weekend. You figure you’ll miss your kids being kids when they’re older (and you will to a point), only to find out that in many ways they’re more fun as adults. You can have intelligent conversations with them, enjoy adult beverages with them, laugh at the same humor as them. You also appreciate that, with the help of the Almighty, that you has a hand in that development.

All right, maybe not in fine art of watching MST3K; some things one has to learn to like on their own. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic and rewarding experience. The kind of times that make the diaper changes and school reviews of times gone by worth the effort. Thanks, Mom, for letting us guys go it alone, and thanks, Son, for going. Let’s do it again some day.

No comments: