Monday, September 8, 2008

Same Old Same Old. Very, Very Old.

I started to type today's blog entry yesterday, about the very subject I am in fact blogging about now. I was going to blog about The Detroit Lions losing their season opener, and about how typical Lions it was after a 4-0 preseason. Then I thought, come on, give them a chance. They're playing Atlanta. So I waited.

Bad move.

I could have saved myself the typing this morning by typing it out yesterday and just doing the old copy and paste. The Lions were pasted by the Falcons 34-13. Atlanta scored touchdowns, very impressive TDs I might add, on their first three drives. The Lions were never in it. Not really; making it look close (21-14 at halftime) doesn't count. It could have been a mere fluke.

What's the lesson in this? One I've had to relearn, one I should never forget. Yet like most Lions fans, it's one we'd like to put in the dustbin of gridiron history but can't. That's sad, as we would be so much happier people if we could.

Never, ever, believe in the Lions. Never.

No comments: