Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Too Early to be Awake on a Saturday Blog

Ugh. I have to be at work at 7:45 and I woke up way too early. But I should say something here today, I suppose.

In regards to yesterday's blog in defending Canadian PM Stephen Harper, a friend of mine pointed out that 'disagreement doesn't equal hatred.' That puts it so well I wish I had thought of it when I was writing. She's not only right, but it shines a light on the right approach to disagreement: discuss without being disagreeable, even (or especially) on lightning rod issues. Thanks, Janet, for the insight.

Got a knock on the door at 12:30 this morning by a neighbor to tell me that a window was shattered on my van. Well, I know how I'm helping the poor economy after work.

Cold this morning after a lovely week of temps in the low 70s, which is highly unusual for November but very much welcome. Ah well; it wasn't going to last forever was it?

We are 4-1 after three weeks of curling. Yee-hah!

I'm leaving before I get too silly. Back tomorrow or Monday, Folks!

No comments: