Monday, November 17, 2008

What did He say?

So Barack Obama had a big interview on 60 Minutes last night. Did I watch it, you ask?

No. Emphatically.

Part of it may be sour grapes, I'll allow, as I've not always been the most gracious loser. Beyond that, he has nothing to say which I deem worth hearing. The only reason to listen to the man is to know thine enemy. But I expect that I'll have a lot of fodder for that naturally as this ugly, sugary inaugural plays out.

They'll be more bailouts, perhaps cuts to the military, perhaps a terrorist action of some sort that will test him. That's when it gets interesting, and truly worth note: when he has to act. Talking to a studio bound interviewer isn't likely to tell us much about the kind of president Mr. Obama will be. Yet when action is called for, well: will we truly get a leader who is inclusive in his decision making, or one as unilateral as the outgoing president is accused of being?

We'll see. The proof of the pudding, you know.

No comments: