Thursday, December 11, 2008

Leftover Thursday

Today is Leftover Thursday. Got any Thursdays that you don't need?

Seriously, it's the day of the week in our household where everybody eats whatever they want. It's a way of clearing the fridge before trash day, which is Friday. So today we have a veritable smorgasbord of tasty delights.

My daughter and I went tooth and nail over who got the last of the chili from Tuesday. No, you can't split it. That would only be a tease: no one would have enough chili then. All you Obama stands for compromise people, hear this: you cannot compromise a serving of homemade chili. It's impossible, out of the question. No one is happy. Crawl back under your Democratic rocks while Republicans follow the American way and fight it out.

The loser, not that anyone really loses when my wife's cooking is available, can choose among turkey soup from Monday or Wednesday's most excellent sloppy joes. There's even cold pizza left from a party, and we all know how truly good cold pizza is. Don't lie to me; it rules!

So as I go to my teaching job, arm in a sling from losing the chili war to that daughter of mine (where did she learn that painful armlock?) I smile, knowing that plenty of food options remain for when I get back home. Like that sloppy joe.

What's that, hon? Abby got the last of that too? And you're finishing the soup?

I knew I should not have taken the time to blog.

No comments: