Monday, February 2, 2009

Nobody does it Better

Rush Limbaugh has said, as one of his undeniable truths of life, that the Pittsburgh Steelers of 1975-1980 were the greatest football team ever. I hate to disagree with Rush, so I'll say that he may have to amend that if the current batch of Steelers continue their ways.

They did what they had to do when it had to be done yesterday. That in itself is a mark of greatness. And while the Arizona Cardinals played well and made it competitive, in the end they couldn't match up. Big Ben and Santonio Holmes made sure of that.

So that makes six titles for one of the most venerable programs in the National Football League. I can remember each one, being a Steelers fan since I was 12 and with no local team to root for except the Lions (which means no local team to root for). I feel as good today as I did when they won their first Super Bowl back in 1975. Very good in fact.

GO STEELERS!

No comments: