Saturday, May 2, 2009

What's In the News on Saturday?

David Souter is apparently going to resign from the Supreme court after this session ends. Was he actually even there? Did he do anything? Justice Souter is exactly what comes of trying to fly under the radar: a veritable nonentity, the tofu of modern politics. At least Obama's first pick won't seriously affect the nation's highest tribunal.

I'm going to my first Detroit Tigers of the season this afternoon. If they quit giving up the big innings they may actually win. It's been their bane lately: a ten run inning Tuesday, seven run inning Wednesday, and a 5 run second last night en route to a 6-5 loss. Bad baseball, guys.

My wife and my mother are having a yard sale today, and I'm going to go help them. Wish me luck as I dive into that raucus atmosphere.

You think I'm joking? Have you ever been between a woman and a bargain? It can get pretty nasty, believe me.

No comments: