Thursday, July 23, 2009

In the Afterglow

I honestly feel rather embarrassed writing this blog, because I really don't care to self promote or appear too much into myself. But I have to say that yesterday was a particularly good day for me, and I still feel giddy about it.

The short interview which I spoke of here yesterday was shown on Tigers Live, the Detroit Tigers pregame show on FS Detroit last night. My friends all liked it, as friends will. Not that I don't appreciate that, especially as I thought the segment went quite well myself. Sure, I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat all along, but it was simply a great feeling to see yourself on TV.

Then I spent about four hours on Facebook talking to people and sending around links to where the clip could be seen on You Tube. I have to thank my good friend Mark Koldys for arranging that: he worked his magic and now I can be seen by anyone who cares to look it up. A friend of mine in the Air Force currently stationed in Afghanistan was able to catch it and sent me a nice comment about my media debut. Isn't the Internet grand?

I even ended up exchanging e-mails with John Keating, the host of Tigers Live, over the event. He passed the remark, in good fun I realize after our talks, that I had a future at the Cartoon Network with a voice like mine. In our correspondence he said that he meant no offense, that I had a voice which is 'truly classic' and that perhaps I should pursue voice/media work. Comments such as that will certainly inflate a guy's ego, but they do sound good. I might just chase that dream.

Oh sure, that's realistic. Either way, if you want to catch my small screen debut, simply go to You Tube and type in: Charles Martin Cosgriff, Always A Tiger. Maybe I'll find a way to send a copy to Billy Crystal and get a full shot of myself in that Director's Cut.

Hopefully it'll be worth a smile.

Even with a voice like mine.

2 comments:

Buckwheat said...

post the video to your blog.

Charles Martin Cosgriff said...

I'm not very computer adept, but I'll try!