Friday, September 11, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!

A few weeks ago I wrote about the movie being filmed in and around Detroit, noting that a lot of the action was taking place right on my block. Well, as they say, the plot thickens.

I have been tapped to be an extra in the film. On Monday, I will be a doctor in a psychiatric hospital.

Yes, I know the ground is fertile for jokes: me in a psychiatric hospital? I must be a patient, right? Still, it's an opportunity to be a bit more closely involved than I was in the movie 61*, where although I was an extra I was simply part of a large crowd in a stadium. This time, there's greater chance that I will actually be on camera in shots where there will be no mistake. If the whole segment doesn't end up on the cutting room floor, all of me ought to be in plain sight this time around.

Here's hoping. Now, tell me to break a leg!

No comments: