Thursday, March 17, 2016

Tier 55

Curling season draws soon to a close; there are about three weeks left it seems. I'm glad I did not say farewell to the sport last year as I had threatened. Folks did not believe me then, when I said so. But I meant it. I was ready to call it a day. You can only do so much, then the curtain must fall.

But aye, it appears the curtain was not so ready to drop as I had supposed. I returned for this year, intending it to be a swan song. Instead, I found it a refreshing swig of the curling grog.

Today is my last Tier 55 bonspiel of the season. I'm having a grand time at it, this transference to senior (over age 55) curling. Yet still, I partake of the more regular competitive and league curling which I've enjoyed for so long. I might do both now it seems. The best of all worlds, perhaps.

I've always loved baseball. Part of the reason is that baseball grows with you; the dimensions of the game grow along with you. I see now that in curling the dimensions also grow with you, but in another sense. You simply graduate along with your peers.

So I look forward to today thinking about how great next year will be. What a difference a year makes.

No comments: