Friday, September 23, 2016

Say NO to dumpster rentals

The Old Barn needs to be cleaned out; I've known that for years. We've been bad about letting clutter accumulate, and often for a very good reason: we've been busy working. But now that the clutter is interfering with the money making, the clutter's gotta go. So I began last night researching dumpster prices.

I hopped on the Internet. What better way to find out pricing, convenience, and availability than the good old World Wide Web? Yet after searching for over an hour I discovered that most companies (actually every one but one) didn't have their prices online. I was being told at virtually every website, 'Call our toll free number for a quote'. So much for convenience.

Damn your toll free number. Calling people was exactly what I wanted to avoid. Ain't I supposed to get information free and easy on the web? What's this with expecting me to interact with others? Why do you suppose I sit at the back of Church? If I want to in fact deal immediately with people, I'll choose when and how, thank you.

In the meantime, keep your dumpster too. I'll take my old boxes into recycling (as much as I don't care for that) and throw my junk out on bulk trash days afore I deign to call ya. You should make it easy for me to decide if I want to deal with you. That you do not, dumpster folks, tells me all I need to know about how much you want my business.

No comments: