Friday, February 17, 2017

Canadian Lines

Street, avenue, road, highway, bypass, lane, boulevard. These are all common addendums to our various roadways. Main Street, Grand Boulevard, the Alaska Highway; you get it. In Canada, they've improved on this. They also have concessions and, my personal favorite, lines. For example, when you cross into Windsor, Ontario via the Ambassador Bridge out of Detroit, you land on Huron Church Road which becomes in a few miles, Huron Line.
I've seen many of those. At different places in Ontario you have the Michigan Line, the Wallace Line, the Renaud Line and so forth. But my favorite is just before you arrive at the little town of Forest, Ontario. They have, I am not making this up, the Chalk Line.
Here I thought that was only for detective stories.

No comments: