Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Ode to pistachios

Ah, pistachios, pistachios, how do I love thee?
Seriously, how do I love thee?
I had never eaten pistachios before recently. I never had an interest in trying them. But I've tried them and I like them. Why?
Is it only because they are tasty, because they are. Very tasty. Or does psychology play a part?
One of my current favorite TV shows, I am not making this up, involves pistachios in a subplot as a running gag. And where did I try first try pistachios? When visiting my son and his fiancee in Brooklyn a few weeks ago. I can't get enough of them now. Pistachios that is. No offense to the Brooklynites.
Or is it simply that they're new to me and I'm just gorging myself? The trend may soon run itself out.
Let's hope not. Ah, pistachios.




No comments: