Sunday, August 13, 2017

Three days

What's the old joke? That the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is three days? Well, I'm on day one.
I got a haircut yesterday. There were six chairs in this place and it was packed. Then one chair came open, manned by an elderly gentleman whom I'd say was in his eighties. As it wasn't anywhere near my turn I found myself looking up and down the row of waiting customers. But no one would go to him. Eventually I stood up, and tentatively went and sat in his chair. I asked for a regular haircut.
Now, it wasn't the best haircut. Neither was it terrible. Once I was back home I did spend a few minutes cutting off straggling hairs as I looked in my bathroom mirror. Still, it looked all right. And I find myself a bit upset with the men who would not let the old fella cut their hair.
The old gent was only trying to make a few bucks. Why were you leaving him hanging? And it's just your hair, guys. It'll be okay after three days.

No comments: