Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday wailing

My oldest son turns 35 today. I've found myself asking myself several times, 'When did I get old enough to have a 35 year old kid?' Then I remember me Pops asking himself the same thing when I turned 35. In 1995. 22 years ago. When my oldest turned then 13, and I wondered how that happened so fast.

Have I beaten the point to death yet?

On another front: first world problems. At the start of my lunch hour today, I went to my fridge to get a glass of Faygo Rock and Rye soda. If you've never had Faygo Rock and Rye, let alone any Faygo (60/40 grapefruit soda is another good one) yours is a sad, deprived existence. Anyway, on opening the fridge I saw that the bottle was packed away in the back. Aw man, I gotta move the milk, some eggs, a quart of egg nog, a cake and a box of feta cheese and what-all else just to get me a glass of pop? But I made myself do it, because, well, it is Faygo Rock and Rye.

Oh, I grumbled under my breath as I, ah, worked towards my goal. And I made sure to leave it front and center for next time too. I mean, needing 10 seconds to get a glass of pop...even if it is Faygo Rock and Rye.

No comments: