Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Accept no substitutes

You know, when nothing else will do, nothing else will do. Nothing. Else.
For lunch today I wanted ramen noodles. Hell, I've wanted ramen for a week now. But I've eaten lunch at home making myself be satisfied with whatever we've had; starving children somewhere would love to have what I've had for lunch in the last seven days, I get it. This is the very definition of a First World Problem, I get that too. Indeed I should probably capitalize that for proper emphasis. But I wanted ramen.
So I made a detour going home from work, to the local supermarket to buy ramen noodles. And I hit the mother lode of ramen too: shrimp ramen. It's better than beef or chicken or most of the truly bizarre ramens. I'm listening to the microwave as I write, waiting for my culinary delight to be ready.
Ding! The timer has went off, and so in a minute shall I be. Salty, salty ramen awaits!
Should I have chips with it?


No comments: