Thursday, March 1, 2018

Pot shots to start March

I find myself excited this morning at the prospect of helping others learn to curl. I haven't felt that way in awhile. We'll see what happens, but I guess this much is true: once a curler, you're always an ambassador for the game.

The last two books I've read were hardbound. They felt odd to me, and the typeface in each seemed ancient. Granted, one is a first edition from 1972, but the other was published in 2012. Still, they appeared odd in my hands, as some old fangled technology might. Different, and I like it. I feel more in touch with the books this way.

Is caller ID a good thing? Yes on the whole, I suppose. But now that you can see who's calling there's an extra dimension of dread added when it's someone you don't want to talk to, isn't there? At one time you had to actually answer the phone before your heart sank at the sound of a voice. That the opposite is true too, that you get extra delight in a caller you want to speak to, doesn't seem the same, does it?

Grapefruit League games are well under way and I've yet to see so much as a highlight. We're that busy. Or I'm that lazy. My vote is for busy.

Speaking of which, to work! I wish my boss wasn't such an ogre.

No comments: