Sunday, April 15, 2018

She still has her humor

She hasn't lost her sense of humor.

I was sitting with my Mom in her kitchen, on my way to the Shop to play Saturday catch up. Being still pretty cold here in Michigan, I had on my old, heavy Carhartt coat. "Aren't you hot in that?" she asked as we talked over coffee. It was interesting question considering that she herself always complains about being cold.

"Nah, I'm okay," I responded. I then went on to explain to her, thinking she might be impressed by the thought, "Dad gave this to me years ago, well before he passed in fact. I think I've this coat about 15 years."

Mom nodded her head approvingly. Then she squinched up her face and asked, feigning disgust, "You have washed it since then haven't you?" It was clearly a motherly hint that it was rather dirty and in need of care. I could tell because she burst out with a hearty laugh right after saying so. That's how I'm taking it anyway.

For the record I have washed it since then. And that's all you're going to get out of me.

No comments: