Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Leadfoot Cloyce

A good friend of mine for many years, I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name, has always been a speedster. When he drove (I think he's amended his ways somewhat, recently) he really put the pedal to the metal. Though thankfully he's never gotten there, he has driven like Hell.

I'm not sure why he speeds like he does, but it's clearly become enough of a habit that he doesn't seem to notice anything else around him as he drives. He certainly missed the cop the most recent time he was pulled over.

"Do you know why I stopped you, sir?" The officer asked.

Cloyce despondently answered, "Yeah. I was speeding."

The patrolman continued, "Do you realize how fast you were going?"

"No," my friend replied honestly.

"Let me put it this way," the officer explained, "I was right behind another car to pull him over for speeding. I had my lights on and everything. Then you flew by us so fast that I dropped off that car to pursue you." Yep. Cloyce sped faster past a cop car and another vehicle speeding slower than he was without seeing them. Even with the police car's flashing lights on.

I think ol' Cloyce has learned a lesson. Maybe.

No comments: