Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Picking up the pieces

One of the nice things about aging is that you get to talk about your health. That's because most of the people your age take health more seriously than they used to, and like to brag about it when it's good and moan about it when bad.

Well, other than that I still can't shake occasional dizzy spells and light headedness, mine's pretty good. I have blood work twice a year with regular checkups and all my numbers are where the doctor wants them. Other than my vitamin D. I've been taking a vitamin D supplement every day for two years now. In order that I never forget, I leave the bottle right at my bedside. It's the first thing I see, so therefore the first thing I do in the morning is take my vitamin D.

I noticed awhile back that the gel caps I buy begin to stick together slightly once a bottle is in use. As a result I've gotten into the habit of shaking it in order to loosen up the caps. Naturally I did that this morning as has become my habit. And I learned a valuable lesson today: make sure to shut the bottle after use.

I suppose I shook it harder than necessary even if the cap had been properly closed. But for whatever reason I slung gel caps all across my side of the bed. It took me ten minutes to pick them up...and I'll probably never find them all, depending on exactly where they skittered as the fell across the floor, to hide under the bed or dresser or book case.

So close your meds. And don't shake things up too much.

No comments: