Friday, July 11, 2008

The Meaning of it All.

Perhaps now, while I’m away for the moment and my son is being kind enough to post for me in my absence (Thanks, Frank!) I might take a minute to explain what I’m trying to do here. Maybe it doesn't matter and maybe my reader (my reader, get it?) doesn’t care, but what the hey, it’s my blog.

I want to talk about any and everything that comes to mind, the profound to the silly. I intend over the next few weeks, or months or years I hope, to talk serious current events issues, philosophy, sports (where the truly silly stuff happens, as we, myself particularly, make sport far too important in our lives); even offer reflections on life in general (a lot of things apply to a lot of us, generally) or my life in particular: one finds himself increasingly sentimental as age creeps up. I hope to generate responses as time goes on, and general discussion, even argument, so long as the argument is constructive and nonviolent. And civil and well intended.

And now time for the shameless plug: I want to try and generate interest in my books, David Gideon (go to www.gideonforpresident.com for a real choice next to either McCain or Obama) A Subtle Armageddon (we expect atom bombs and gore in the end times; this offers an alternate view) and Michael’s Story (a prequel to Armageddon; I can’t see how a sequel to a true armageddon is even remotely possible). They’re good; but I suppose I’m supposed to say that.

So that’s the plan. Hopefully it will play out in as entertaining a way as I mean it. If not, and I’m merely killing time, well, I’d rather be writing and hoping that it amounts to something than watching ninety percent of the garbage that passes for entertainment these days. It would still be time more productively spent. And if you don’t think so, tell me! I really want to know.

No comments: