Friday, October 31, 2008

All Hallows Eve

It's that time of year! Time for trick or treat, or rocks if you're good ol' Charlie Brown!

Funny thing is, for some reason I'm particularly excited about it this time around. My kids are grown, so no costuming there, and I've missed Halloween several times over the last ten years due to work and not thought much of it. Yet I found myself in Meijer's last night buying more candy, to make sure we had enough, even though my wife had already gotten us well supplied with sugary treats for the little ones. Whaa?

Sure, our second son and our daughter will be around to help pass out candies, and may even dress up to walk around the neighborhood. I'll hike around a few blocks myself just to check out events. As for our eldest, what do they do in Cuba for Halloween? Will Beavis dress up like a soldier?

I'm sorry, that's not fair. Beavis seems like a good guy and is a good friend to my son, and here I am dissing him on my blog. Support the Troops, Marty!

Anyway, I'm geeked, and I really don't know why. Second Childhood? Third more likely, but either way you slice it, I have a couple autumn ales to warm my innards, and can't wait for the goblins to show up this evening.

Happy Halloween to all you at Gitmo! Happy Halloween to all of you here!

No comments: