Friday, April 17, 2009

Credit Where It's Due

I have derided people and ideas from time to time here. All right, I suppose with regularity, yet I do not hide from it. Still, when you are willing to criticize you should likewise be willing to praise, perhaps especially of those who have knocked for one reason or another.

Keeping that in mind, today I must say kudos to Warren, Michigan Mayor Jim Fouts. I have attacked him in the past for telling city employees that they need to buy American cars when they replace their vehicles if they work for the City of Warren. I see in this morning's news that he has insisted on being issued a speeding ticket despite the issuing officer's willingness to let him go with a warning. He explained that government officials should not be above the law. To that I say bravo Mr. Fouts. Whatever differences we have, I do not doubt your character.

1 comment:

wcsuser said...

Don't give any politician too much credit- he may yet only be playing to the choir.