Sunday, November 19, 2023

In Review

In working to get my books reviewed I'm also trying to be kind to other authors and review their books. It's reached the point where I get asked to read something and give my opinion. If a certain tome looks interesting I'll get a copy and do so. I need stuff to read anyway, right?

I was asked yesterday to review a collection of word search puzzles. It isn't by one specific author but, apparently, an effort of a company which publishes fun books, crosswords, sudokus, and obviously word searches. 

Well, okay. I find it difficult not to be a bit of a twerp about reviewing word searches though. "Wow, those words really were hidden!" seems patronizing. "I couldn't find a single word, you hit them so well!" keeps repeating itself in my mind. "Is this English?" I think of replying in all silliness, "Because I doubt WXHTTR is a real word, even backwards or diagonally."

Ah, yes. Too proud of myself yet again.


No comments: