Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Cloyce Pays My Price

A plumber whom I deal with, I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name, isn't a bad guy, but he can be a bit pushy, especially about price. In the old barn yesterday as he was purchasing a few items the usual question came up. "Can you do a little better, Marty?"

I deftly yet purposely changed the subject. "I saw your selfie on Facebook where you were at the Lions playoff game this past Sunday."

"Yeah! Great game. Glad I could be there."

I agreed. "No doubt. Great seats too?" 

Beginning to suspect an ulterior motive, Cloyce answered warily, "Yeessss."

"Cool beans," I replied before continuing, "Did you ask the Lions for a better price, or did you just buy the tickets?"

"Okay, Cosgriff, what do I owe you?" he asked, kind of embarrassed.

I call that point made.

No comments: