Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Good Morning

What a way to start the day.

I have an early day today on the road, so here I am up at 1:15 AM penning a quick blog before heading out. Consequently I did not watch the Detroit Tigers playoff game. I needed to get to sleep and could not afford the anxiety. So I popped a melatonin and was out by 5:30.

Of course the first thing I did was check the score when I awoke. Two two out singles and a three run homer by Kerry Carpenter in the top of the ninth inning no less, and Detroit wins 3-0 to tie the series. And against Cleveland's stellar closer no less.

I'm glad I didn't stay up. It's great news to start the day, and sheer excitement would have kept me from sleeping if I'd seen it live. 

Talk about the best of all possible worlds. I get my sleep and the Tigers win. Life is good.

No comments: