Sunday, October 4, 2026

Seeing Things

While channel surfing Friday night, I watched a few minutes of a college football game. On one play, a running back made a pretty good move. Pressed up against a stack of bodies, blockers and tackles frantically trying to shove each other aside, the ball carrier bounced to his left, into an opening. He gained 17 yards before he was brought down. 

A nice run, yes. One described by the color commentator as, "He was bottled up, then saw with his vision a hole and hit it for a good gain."

Ah. The football player 'saw' with his 'vision' and had a good run.

An incisive remark, to be sure. I heard it with my hearing, after seeing with my own vision. Then I smelled potato chips through my nose and tasted them with my tongue before chewing them with my mouth. And now I'm thinking (with my brain) that you, too, could be a football commentator.

Ooh boy.

No comments: