Thursday, August 25, 2022

In a Pickle Loaf

Sometimes it's the little things in life which make a guy happy. Sometimes, in my case, it's very little things.

While out shopping yesterday I came across pickle loaf. It's really just bologna with slivers of pickle and slivers of, oh, what's that stuff, it looks like slivers of red pickle...pimento! That's it. Bologna with pickle and pimento slivers.

Anyway, I hadn't seen it in a long time. That's likely as not because I simply hadn't been looking for it. But yesterday it found me. Of course I had to buy some. And of course I had to have a pickle loaf sandwich as soon as I got home. 

And you know what? It did not disappoint. For a few lone minutes in this hectic world, I was a kid again eating the pickle loaf sandwich during school lunch which my mother had packed for me that day. It is sometimes the little things which make your day.

No comments: