Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Golf Channel and peace in our time

How old am I getting? Well, I woke up this very early morning and immediately began wondering how to spend this unexpected new time. And suddenly the decision became simple. I turned on the Golf Channel.

The European Tour was playing live from China. I am not making this up. Two-Twenty Five in the AM locally here in Detroit, Michigan, and I'm happily watching European Tour golf from late this afternoon from Beijing. Is life good or what?

Never mind that I'm watching someone whom I'm sure is an excellent golfer from Sweden, Alexander Bjork, and thinking 'Shouldn't he be playing in a swan costume?' I know. Bad form, Marty.

Never mind that the mind boggles at the thought of European golf in the Orient. It is what it is. Rather than infomercials or repeats from other sporting events of which I already know the outcome, I'm watching live golf.

Think what you will, and I know you will, golf will bring world peace. Especially as we age.

No comments: