Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Wither Faygo?

I don't normally fall for clickbait, the ads which entice you about trivial things yet take pages and pages to navigate. But every now and then I succumb to the temptation. This morning was one such time. It involved what are purported to be the most unusual foods from each state.

I can't find it now but trust me. From North Dakota was offered lutefisk, a seemingly awful fish, uh, treat. It sounded awful, both overcooked and overly pungeant. Yet that other North in our Union, Carolina, offers livermush, which I love. I'm not sure if it's one word or two, livermush or liver mush, but I love it. Indeed I've written about it here:

https://thesublimetotheridiculous.blogspot.com/2017/07/potted-meat-and-liver-mush.html

Yet what this particular article claimed was the most unusual food from right here in Michigan, right here in the D in fact, was, I am not making this up, Faygo.

To be fair, the writers conceded that Faygo isn't actually a food (really), explaining that it's a cornucopia of flavored pops. But my question is, what's so odd about flavored pop? Isn't that everywhere?

And now you know why I avoid clickbait. It's stupid.


No comments: