Thursday, June 16, 2022

My Soap Box

Irish Spring is my choice of bar soap. I've probably allowed me self to be played by advertising on that point, being of Irish heritage and all. What's it to ya?

So anyway, I purchased a three pack of Irish Spring the other day and, seeing as the soap dish by the bathroom sink was empty, went to put a fresh bar upon it. I didn't buy the stuff to have it sit on a shelf in a cabinet, right?

Yesterday as I prepared to shave I went to wash my face. Turning on the water and wetting my hands, I reached for the soap dish. It surprised me a little to grab a small pasteboard box instead of my newly purchased Irish Spring. Staring at the box stupidly, I slowly turned around to see a perfectly good bar of brand new soap at the top of the wastebasket. 

Ah, I get it now. You wash with the soap and toss the box. That sure explains all those previously unexplained paper cuts I've suffered over the years.

No comments: