Sunday, May 7, 2023

Canine Hold 'Em

The Ohio Cosgriffs were up yesterday. The family, other than yours truly (who isn't a huge garage sale guy) went on a shopping spree. There's an annual garage sale which runs the length of Michigan State Route 15 and they're participating. Happy trails.

I stayed home. I had some writing I wanted to do, and also felt it wouldn't hurt to keep their dogs company as they get a bit antsy when home alone. "What are you going to do with them while we're shopping?" me granddaughter asked.

"I think we'll recreate that famous velvet painting of dogs playing poker," I quipped.

That isn't as easy as it sounds. While searching for a template to determine how to pose the dogs I found that there are not one, nor two, nor three, velvet paintings of dogs playing poker. There are dozens.

I didn't expect that. It's as though it's it's own genre, it's own school of art. Future classes of art historians will speak of the impressionists, the cubists, the expressionists, the modernists, the minimalists, the realists, Art Nouveau...and the dogs playing pokerists. 

I have a flair for art after all.

No comments: