Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Last Shot

No, it isn't what you think. But headlines are supposed to generate interest, right?

My final curling shot in the Windsor Granite Curling league last night was - I am not bragging because I truly am rather humbled by it - a perfect center guard. I had not thrown a guard all evening. Not because I couldn't (Quiet, Ron) but because one had not been called for me. Then on my very last shot of the game we needed a dead perfect guard. And I made it, with good sweeping and a good line call. Thanks, boys!

I remarked to Dave and Steve, my sweepers, that I didn't know if I could throw the stone light enough to be a guard (don't make me say quiet Ron again) after throwing nothing but draws and hits all night. But there you go. You save the best for last.

I don't know what's going to happen with Granite curling next year. We move to a new arena owned by the City of Windsor and, quite frankly, I think the future of the game in southwest Ontario is, well, uncertain. Still, I'll give it a chance, and maybe make a few decent throws as I go. Either way, last night's last shot was satisfying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great , keep it going on , congratulations!!

Paul said...

Congratulations!