Is it a bad sign when Senior moments begin running together?
Yesterday, I made my way up to the old barn at around 9 in the morning. Almost as soon as I got to work, I realized that I left my cell phone on the dining room table. As tempting as it was to leave it, my conscience insisted I go get it. Doggone conscience.
Right around Noon I went home for lunch. The instant I walked in the door, I reached for my pocket to grab my phone. Of course, I had left it on a workbench. 'I won't be long', I told myself. Yet also, of course, within 90 seconds I was headed back. The most important call in the world was certain to come in if I did not.
I'd love say I didn't do that again. But we all know the truth, and we all know I couldn't leave it at the Shop all night.
Doggone conscience. Hopefully today goes better.

No comments:
Post a Comment