Thursday, January 11, 2018

The psychology of temperature

Look, I know it's in the low 50s today and I should be thankful for that. But I'm still going to wear my big Carhartt coat because I'm still cold. Hey, even I don't get it.

You take last weekend. I was as many of you know playing in a bonspiel in Detroit. While on the ice (and it was actually warmer in the arena than it was outside then) I was wearing a pullover over a t-shirt. That was it. It wasn't even a fleece or insulated pullover either, just a nylon pullover. And I was fine on the ice. Off the ice I got so cold I put on my winter coat as we sat in the warm viewing area talking after the games.

It makes me think of those first warm spring days when it's about 63. I rush to put on shorts and a tee. But a similar 63 degree morning in July and I'm scrounging for a jacket and sweat pants before my walk. I find myself thinking about turning on the heat.

The psychology of temperature. It's weird.

No comments: