Friday, January 19, 2018

The Holy Spirit is at it again

Remember the other day, when I blogged about the Holy Spirit helping me, by encouraging me to get to my ultimate destination before turning off my car? How I argued that He kept me out of a worse situation? Well, He spoke to me again this morning and I got obstinate. Shame on me.

I needed a certain toggle switch for a snake today, which I thought I had in stock. I didn't. A voice in my head (no jokes please) told me, 'go to Mondry.' Mondry is small hardware on Michigan Avenue in southwest Detroit. It's a nice neighborhood hardware. I've went there many times for this or that. But there's no way, I thought, they'd have the switch I wanted. It's too specialized of a part. I went somewhere else.

They didn't have the switch. 'Go to Mondry," I was gently told as I left that place.

I went somewhere else yet. They didn't have it either. Again I was told, plainly, simply, even deferentially, 'Go to Mondry.'

Well, it was on my way home, and even though though I knew it was a lost cause I went to Mondry. And of course, they had the switch. They even ordered me four more, where the other stores never offered me any help except sorry, we don't have it.

So what did I learn? Well, don't be afraid to go to Mondry Hardware. In fact, I encourage it. Secondly, listen when you are being spoken to from on high.

No comments: