Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Bottom line philosophy

Why can't I get the health care which suits me via an open market? Why must I participate in a government run (or heavily influenced) system? Simply because the majority of voters make me? We forget what I believe Abe Lincoln said: all democracy ultimately means is 50% plus one can everyone else do what that scant majority thinks right. That means that we as a people must be very careful about making others pay for things, even important things.

I have the moral right to seek my own health care as much as seeking work, home, and food. Society doesn't have the right to make those decisions for me except in very limited ways and manners. I think a free market best suited towards my being able to do for myself, and others for themselves.

That is a very condensed (I'm using the word very a lot aren't I?) version of my basic philosophy. But it's the essence of how I vote.

No comments: