Sunday, January 28, 2018

Pops and drain snake cable repair records

Hey Pops, how are you doing today?

You remember when we set the record for the most repaired cables in a single day? The old record was 55; we hit 59 one day just before quitting time. Yet that number didn't quite seem good enough to either one of us.

I picked a random cable up off the floor and looked it over. "I think that top pin is showing a bit of wear," I remarked, then showed it to you.

"Yep," you affirmed with a grin after your own inspection. "You oughta replace it." For those of you unfamiliar with the process, replacing a worn pin is about the easiest cable repair there is. Within ten seconds I had put a new pin in that cable fitting. We had a nice, round number of 60 repaired cables in one day. We both I think were happy at our little manipulation of the circumstances. But hey, it was legit. That pin was worn.

This morning I set another small thing right. While at the old barn yesterday repairing some cables it occurred to me that we had never before repaired at least one cable every day of the week. So this morning as I was ending my walk, I opened up the Shop long enough to repair one cable. We've now had one whole week in our company's history where we fixed at least one cable every day.

Happy 82nd birthday Pops.

By the way the single day record is still 60.

Until next time,

Marty

No comments: