Saturday, October 27, 2018

Late night World Series

I love baseball. I've seen my share of important and unusual events in the game too. But I never imagined that I'd be watching live World Series action at 3:30 in the morning.

That's when last night's game ended, with a walk off home run in the bottom of the 18th inning to give the Los Angeles Dodgers a 3-2 win. Now the Series is 2-1 Boston. And to all you naysayers who think baseball games need to be shortened or quickened, bear in mind that games like this are anomalies, aberrations. So they played two games last night. It won't happen again for a long time, especially in a World Series.

It was a pretty good game, that said. Good pitching and good defense, although there probably was a little too little offense of course. But that happens. Sure, it wouldn't hurt baseball to play during the day at least once in awhile, or maybe begin an hour or so earlier. Yet as odd as it was, hey, that's baseball.

That part I wouldn't change if I could.

No comments: