Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday update of the weekend, or, life is good

I saw an old friend, a guy I bowled with for several years, on Sunday. We hadn't seen each other in 36 years, not since he'd moved to California. It was like we'd never lost touch; that's pretty cool if you ask me.

Friday saw a family trip to Halloween Nights at Greenfield Village, while Saturday brought a trip to Romeo, Michigan for apples, pumpkins, and goat feeding at a small petting zoo. And it allowed me to get my yearly dose of a specialty coffee, a holiday blend, which is only available late in the year (for obvious reasons). Right now however, I'm drinking a Michigan maple coffee which I bought at the same time.

I texted my two kids who live out of state and couldn't make the apple weekend this year (we've went to Romeo for close to 40 years now). So at least we made easy contact; technology can really be a boon when it works.

What does it all tell me? Simply that life is good.

No comments: