Monday, November 19, 2018

That darn cat

I was tired after spending a fine Saturday evening cooking up a batch of Marty's World Famous Applesauce (patent pending) so I stretched out on the couch, turned on the TV, and quickly dozed off. I was awakened suddenly about two hours later when a soft weight fell onto my abdomen. In being jolted awake I thought, 'Darn cat!'

The trouble is that the cat, my daughter and son-in-law's who had lived with us for awhile, is in Arizona where they have moved. I was awakened by a small throw pillow which had slid off the top of the couch. Yet I instinctively blamed the cat.

The worst thing is that I left the pillow alone for about a half hour as I tried to get back to sleep because I didn't want to disturb the 'cat'. I laid still, not moving for the cat's sake. The cat that was 2500 miles away.

I guess being groggy does that to you.

No comments: