Sunday, January 13, 2019

At the tire store

I needed two tires for my van yesterday, so off I went to the tire store. For me, that's Warholak Tire at Ford Road and Wyoming in Dearborn, Michigan. They're the best: they're helpful, prompt, courteous, and funny, and sell quality tires and do quality work. No, this isn't an ad. But it is my blog and I can promote whom I like. I like Warholak's and you should too.

I said they're funny, and I mean that as a good thing. They joke with you and you can joke with them. And then, a sign in their shop says they treat you like family. Yesterday's tire buying adventure offers a glimpse of all that.

Mike and Paul Warholak are the brothers who own the shop. I dealt primarily with Mike yesterday, though I had a good how's the weather conversation with Paul. Once my van was finished, Mike came into the customer waiting area to tell me such, and to tell me what I owed. I duly paid. Mike said thanks. And then, apparently realizing that I hadn't been in in awhile, said, "And oh, Happy New Year!"

"You too." I responded. Then I added, "Yeah, come to think of it, I haven't been in since last August."

Mike got this big grin on his face and replied, "But it's like you never left." He turned to go to his office.

I thought about that for a second. Then I called after him, "But that's a good thing, right? Mike? That's a good thing?" He ignored me. Willfully.

I think that exchange was funny. And it is part of why I buy my tires there. They're good guys.

No comments: