Thursday, November 19, 2020

Joe Biden's Olive Branch

Joe Biden wants to reach across to me and call a truce. It's time for putting the anger and harsh rhetoric behind us to 'unite' and 'heal', he coos at me. 

Well, here's the deal, Joe. I can't do that, because what you want of me I cannot in good conscience support. I don't want the Supreme Court packed. I don't want First and Second Amendment liberties gutted. I don't want abortion (and shame on you calling yourself Catholic while supporting it). These and a good many other issues I will not compromise.

Do you know why? Of course you do. There are things on which there is no compromise. Either I get my way or you get yours. Period. The fact is you won't compromise anyway. Especially adding on the insidious, hateful, and patently vile invective you and your supporters have wantonly thrown at me as a conservative, I don't believe you when you say you want to 'heal' the 'soul' of our country. You want your way, simple as that.

Guess what, Joe? I get that, so far as it goes. I want my way too. We vote and things happen, for well or ill. That's how this Republic, not democracy, works. Sometimes you win, sometimes I do. As such, my obligation today becomes to counter you any and every time you try to do things which are harmful to this great Nation. I will not unite with you. I will fight for what's right. You, sir, are not right on the great bulk of the issues. I must do what I morally and legally can to stop you. And I will.

So save me your hollow words. 2022 and the House are in my sights now. If you actually do what you say you want to do, the bi-elections will rightly condemn your Presidency.




No comments: