Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The old kid on the block

Among what other things I accomplished at the Shop this morning was to install new cords and switches on an Electric Eel (Electric Eel: for all your drain cleaning needs) for a customer as he waited. I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name.

After I was a few minutes into the project Cloyce remarked, "You're making that look easy, Marty."

"Thanks," I replied. "I've been doing it awhile. As a matter of fact I bet I've been doing it longer than you been on this Earth."

"Well, I'm 43," Cloyce offered.

"There you have it. Me Pops started me at this when I was 13, so I've been at it 47 years." I explained.

We chit chatted and soon enough I had the job done. Cloyce paid me and left. Right after he was gone I turned to my brother Phil and said, "Nice kid, that Cloyce."

Did you catch that? I referred to a 43 year old as 'kid'. How old am I?

No comments: