Monday, September 27, 2021

Teasing Mom

As we sat together on her front porch yesterday morning, Mom asked if there was anywhere to go. I said I wanted to go to Adrian. "Can I go?" she asked excitedly.

Of course I had every intention of taking her; it's what we do on Sundays. So I answered, "Sure. But it's 90 miles away and we'll have to hitchhike."

"Ok, but I'll get there faster than you!" she cackled.

I simply laughed too. I am glad she can still joke.

Anyway, we leave for Adrian, driving through southeast Michigan farm country getting there. At one point she remarked, "A lot of farms around here. I grew up on a farm."

Now it was my turn to needle her. "Oh yeah. That was in South Carolina, right?"

She could not bark, "North Carolina!" quickly enough. And the look of utter contempt she gave me was priceless.

No comments: