Thursday, February 3, 2022

Once Upon a Time, in a Snowstorm Long Ago

It's winter, and we're dealing with a snowstorm here in Detroit. While outside making my third pass at shoveling snow, I see a guy stuck sideways on the street. Well, I'd appreciate help in similar need, so when I'm done with my walk I go to help.
I push, hard, and we get nowhere. A neighbor comes to help too, and we begin rocking the car back and forth for 15 minutes; nothing. I fall forward - hard - twice. Nothing. My shoulder is killing me now. But you help folks, right?
We finally get the guy out into the two track which currently serves as Avery Avenue. He drives 50 feet down the street and parks. He was only trying to move his car closer to his front stoop.
You are bloody kidding me. In the first major storm of the season in Detroit, me and a neighbor work our tails off so that you can get your car two houses closer to home in circumstances where NOTHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO IT.
I ought to send him my chiropractor's bill.

No comments: