Monday, April 1, 2024

Having a Good Day

I was kind of dreading today, yet it's actually going rather well.

As I waited in line at the coffee shop this morning, the young man in front of me as he payed his own tab, indicated me and told the cashier to cover my cup of joe on his debit card. I thanked him profusely; it's always nice when someone does you a kindness.

Heading into the old barn this morning, I found a fifty dollar bill laying on the ground a few feet outside the door. Then the first repair I had planned, a typically difficult chore and one I had dreaded all weekend, fell right into place. What was usually an hour or two project I had completed in twenty minutes.

I closed the Shop briefly and ran home for breakfast. I didn't think there was milk in the house yet there was, and I could have a bowl of the cereal which I had developed a taste for. 

While eating, I logged on to check my email. The top stories of the day were an in depth and spot on analysis of the Middle East crisis from President Joe Biden. I never imagined agreeing with him, but there it was. Even Donald Trump tweeted that it was a masterpiece of statecraft.

Let me tell you, this has been the most memorable First Day of April in my life.

No comments: