Sunday, April 16, 2023

Expensive At First

My Newark Kuerig, so monikered because I had purchased it in a second hand store in Newark, Ohio in 2017, went to coffeemaker Heaven late last year. Such is life. Uh, coffeemaker life I suppose. 

Be that as it may, I replaced it a few days ago with a new (if knock off) Kuerig from Walmart for forty bucks. I also bought 12 pods of hazelnut coffee for five dollars; with the sales tax, I had about $48 invested in the new unit. I set it up in the Shop yesterday morning as I went to work to get a few things done.

I must admit I was quite anxious to try my first cup. I plugged in the Farberware nonKuerig, filled the reservoir, clamped in a pod, and waited.

In a few minutes I was contentedly sipping on hot coffee. Then it occurred to me. Marty, occurrence opined, you're drinking a forty eight dollar cup of joe.

But it's just the first cup, right? The price goes down with every serving.

No comments: